Clear and Immediate Benefits
Accelerate the Development of Astute Business Acumen and Competence
Are you pondering over some of the questions below? If you are, our programs can help:
- Do our people demonstrate an understanding of how every one of their decisions affects their company's metrics?
- When making decisions do our people actively consider the potential impact on other parts of the organization?
- Do our people actively consider the financial implications of their decisions?
- Do our people demonstrate an understanding of what they can do to accelerate the execution of their company's strategies?
- Do our people demonstrate an ability to synthesize information about your Customers, your Competitors, and your own Company?
- Do our people think and act in a holistic manner?
- Do our people make decisions that are 90% of the time effective in contributing towards the growth objectives of the company?
Desired Development Outcomes
The Broad Development Outcomes are:
- Participants are aware of their own impact on financial outcomes and change their behaviour to improve this impact.
- Participants understand how their actions and behaviours impacts value-creating activities in the organization and, in turn, understand how this impacts gross margins. They will then make behavioural and process changes to increase the gross margin impact of their actions and decisions.
- Participants are more cost conscious. They will know how to make the correct cost- value trade-offs.
- Participants know how to assess their own business acumen and that of their managers and effectively use this information to improve financial and business outcomes.
- Participants understand how to improve their alignment with the organization's financial performance, innovation and market-value goals.
- Participants understand how to integrate this approach into other organization wide approaches, both in the human capital realm and other areas, such as finance, marketing, sales, production and distribution.
The Capstone® Learning Environment
Deriving from the desired outcomes above, the Capstone® learning environment, is:
- Highly interactive
- Is team-based
- Treats learning as a cycle
- Builds incrementally upon each insight
- Allows time for reflection , consolidation and internalization
- Embraces mistakes as a tool for learning
- Provides the big picture and an opportunity to connect the dots
- Nurtures new mental models
Benefits for Participants
Broaden your expertise
Given the need for today's top managers to possess broad expertise that spans business disciplines, our programs enable executives to quickly expand their knowledge base across all core functional areas through the program's integrated core curriculum. The rich scope and depth of our programs and the wide range of functional and industry discussions also provides exposure to valuable new perspectives on management.
Refresh your knowledge
Most senior executives do not have the time to constantly refresh their core managerial skills with the latest academic research and best practices. Even if they already have an MBA or related business degree, many executives are still relying on skills and principles learned years ago to manage in a business environment that changes dramatically every year. Our programs enables executives to quickly update and extend core management skills that apply directly to today's global, highly competitive, and dynamic business landscape.
Map your direction
The program enables participants to conceive, create, and iterate a road map for their businesses. As a result, participants return to their organization with both a plan and the tools to drive results.
Shape your organization's future
While making participants apply and learn from general management principles, our programs emphasize strategy and global leadership. The programs compellingly highlight the strategic impact of each core functional area of business and strategic leadership in the global economy. This focus enables executives who have devoted much of their careers to internally or operationally focused roles to step back, expand their perspectives, and identify breakthrough insights that will drive their organization's future success.
Some Clear and Immediate Benefits
- Improved market-based decision making skills
- Enhanced Business Acumen
- Clearer understanding of the company's strategy
- Better alignment of strategies and implementation
- Effective and applicable understanding of how various functional decisions effect the numbers
- Enhanced financial literacy
- Improved cross-functional collaboration and teamwork
- Improved problem-solving based on customer needs, competitor information and company data
- Individuals become forward thinking in their every day roles.
- Gain insights that challenge your assumptions
- Actionable knowledge - develop deeper insight into information you often already possess
- Develop greater confidence - in your knowledge by testing your assumptions and making them more robust
- Ability to iterate and generate traction and support for overarching strategies that drive bottom line results.
- Ability to balance the daily tactical pressures with strategic initiatives.
- Ability to define and/or clarify specific bottom line performance expectations and objectives related to profitability and other measureable business drivers.
A Big Return on Investment
Our simulation experiences create huge value for your business!
Because teams actually engage in decision-making they acquire the knowledge and skills very quickly and are able to apply the learning to their jobs very fast. It is applied learning through self-discovery at its best! To help you achieve your business growth objectives and learning objectives, we work closely with you to understand your desired outcomes so that we can select the most appropriate simulation and emphasize the right aspects and topics of the simulation during the facilitated program.
Our simulations cut across business functions and teams have the opportunity to discuss and analyze business issues which have to be addressed in a functionally integrated manner.